CHATS 2002 was the workshop # 5 in the series.
- It featured three main themes:
computer simulation of thermo-hydraulic transients in LTS,
of current redistribution in LTS cables, and
of thermo-hydraulic transients in HTS.
- As the thermal aspects of the problem of transient stability seems
to be broadly under control, unexpected results came up leading
to new questions, e.g. change of voltage-current characteristics
from single strands to cables and magnets.
- Furthermore, areas were
identified where modelling is lagging behind the experiments, e.g.
integrated models for electromagnetic + thermohydraulic + mechanical
computation as well as model for coil manufacturing.
- Venue: Karlsruhe, Germany, 16-18 September 2002
- Host Institution: FzK
- Chairman: Reinhard Heller
- Participants: 40 (China 2, Europe 32, Japan 1,
South Korea 1, USA 4)
- Contributions: 21 + 3 invited talks
Cryogenics 43, 3-5 (2003)
- Guest Editor: Reinhard Heller