CHATS-Y2K (2000) was the workshop # 4 in the series.
- The mission set in San Francisco in 1997 with the purpose of
improving and extending the models has been significantly pursued.
- A major achievement of this workshop
edition was the significant evolution of the models, especially with respect
to the analysis of the current distribution.
- The workshop stressed the
importance of a tight interaction between analysis oriented scientists and
- Areas which were identified as critical were turbulent correlations for the
heliu flow, interstrand resistance and joint characteristics.
- Another important mission for CHATS in the coming years will be the
coordinated and systematic approach to benchmarking, one of the present
largest activities involving code developers and users.
- Venue: Frascati, Italy, 6-8 September 2000
- Host Institution: ENEA
- Chairman: Maurizio Spadoni
- Participants: 32 (China 2, Europe 28, Japan 1, USA 1)
- Contributons: 20 + 2 invited talks
Cryogenics 40, 8-10 (2000)
- Guest Editors: Claudio Marinucci and Mario Ricci
- Presentations: not available
- Home page: none